5 Steps To Preparing Your Home For Carpet Installation
Congratulations on finding the carpet of your dreams! Now it’s time to prepare for your last flooring hurdle – installation. High Country Flooring’s installation partners will take care of all the heavy lifting, but there are a few steps you can take to streamline installation day.
1. Finish Other Projects First
If you’re remodeling or building a new home, save carpet installation until the end of your project. To keep your carpet intact, all doors and windows must be in place, and all drywall, plaster, and paint should be completely dry. For best results, heating and air-conditioning should be fully operational for at least 24 hours before the installation begins. If you have multiple projects going on, talk with your installer to schedule the installation at the right time.
2. Clear The Space
The emptier a room is, the easier it is to install carpet. Your team may be lugging heavy equipment and moving in and out of the room, so protect your valuable and breakable items by moving them to a safe area. After you remove smaller, personal items, move on to larger furniture, like TVs, beds, and tables. Some installers may help you move furniture and appliances out of the room, so be sure to talk with your installer to understand their policy. Either way, removing what you can from the room will help save your installer time and give them fewer items to navigate around.
3. Disconnect Gas & Water Lines
If you’re installing carpet near appliances that connect to gas or water lines (like stoves, dishwashers, or refrigerators), be sure to properly disconnect them before the installation time. You may need to contact a professional to make sure your appliances are disconnected and drained appropriately.
4. Create A Path
Your installation team will be constantly moving in and out of your house. Remove any items that may block their path. Cover the furniture and floors along this path to protect them from dirt and debris.
5. Keep Children & Pets Away From The Installation Area
Make sure children and pets aren’t near the installation area on the big day. Carpet installation can be noisy and dusty, so you may want them to stay with a family member or friend during the process.
That’s it! Our experienced installers will do the rest. If you have additional questions about what to expect before, during, or after your carpet installation, reach out to your installer or contact the High Country Flooring team.
5 Ways to Find the Best Denver Carpet Installers
No matter how beautiful your carpet is, you’ll be left with regret if it isn't installed correctly. So how do you make sure your installation is done right? By hiring an experienced carpet contractor! You can hire the right Denver carpet installers for your project by following our five simple steps.
6 Factors That Affect the Length of Denver Carpet Installations
Carpeting not only adds to a home’s beauty but can also provide benefits like insulation and noise reduction. However, installing a new carpet requires more than just deciding on the design or color. Understanding what goes into each and every step of your Denver carpet install process is essential for estimating how long it will take.
Pros and Cons of the Most Popular Options in Denver for Carpet
When it comes time to choose a new carpet, often the first thought is about color. Yet, most are completely unaware that there are more complex differences in carpets beyond shades, such as the different construction types or materials used. Each construction style has its own unique look and feel, and the purposes of each carpet product can vary too. Some are better suited to formal rooms, while others create that luxe feeling under your feet. If you’re eager to update your flooring in Denver with carpet products, we can help you select the right one for you.
The Ultimate Checklist for Your Carpet Installation in Denver
You've visited showrooms, consulted the pros, picked the perfect style, measured the rooms, and now it's finally time for all your effort to pay off with your new carpet installation in Denver. While it's an exciting day and afterward you'll be able to luxuriate with your new carpet, make sure you're fully prepared ahead of time. This way, you can help ensure a smooth installation process and prevent some of the stress that comes with a major home improvement project.
We've created an insightful checklist for you to follow during the three big stages of your carpet installation. With these steps, you will have a successful carpeting experience.
Be Prepared for Your Carpet Installation in Denver
Carpet installation is a major undertaking that requires preparation and planning to ensure the best possible results. Here are some tips to help you prepare for carpet installation at your home.
You can get a jump start on the home improvement project with these helpful insights.
- Hire a quality contractor. Carpet installation requires detailed knowledge and equipment, and bad service means serious consequences for you and your home. Hire a carpet installer you can trust to do the job right. If they give you hesitation, reconsider using that contractor.
- Clear the room of all items on the floor. Removing any furniture and personal items is the first thing to do. Installers will need a completely empty space to place your new carpet.
- Clean the area. Dirt and debris can make installation more difficult. Go over the old carpet to make sure everything is picked up.
- Double-check the condition of your new carpet. A reliable installer will ensure they bring the right materials, but mistakes happen and it never hurts to make sure the correct carpet is brought to your home. It doesn’t hurt to have your contractor double-check the size of their materials against the room measurements.
- Ensure all other nearby projects are completed or won't interfere. There shouldn't be any wet elements, like unfinished drywall or plaster, nearby the installation area and molding projects should be wrapped up.
Now that you've prepped the area and feel confident everything is ready to go, it's time for the installer to get to work. While you can't be too involved in this step, there are a few ways you can make it easier on the contractor.
- Ensure easy access to the area. Don't have obstacles blocking the path of the installer into the area where the carpet's being installed. This helps things go faster and prevents accidents.
- Keep children and pets away. You want your contractor to focus on the task at hand, but sometimes kids and the family animals can cause a distraction and get in the way.
- Maintain a reasonable temperature. Keeping the room at 60 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit helps stretch the new carpet and eliminate creases.
Now that the carpet has been placed, you're just about done with your carpet installation project! But before you say goodbye to the installer, there are a few details to wrap up.
- Inspect the quality of the work. Any issues are best raised before the installer leaves, so they can address them quickly.
- Test the doors with the thickness of the new carpet. Your new carpet will be much plusher than the old worn one and have a new pad underneath, so make sure your doors into the room still open and close smoothly.
- Ask about any specific instructions or documents. Once the carpet's installed, your contractor will provide the necessary information on warranties and proper care.
- Move furniture and items back carefully. You can replace everything you took out in the first stage, but remember to go easy on the new carpet when moving furniture and other large items.
Get Top-Rated Carpet Installation in Denver from the Experts
At High Country Flooring, we know how important it is to find a professional carpet installer who knows what they're doing. We also understand that choosing a company isn't always as simple as just picking one from a list. That's why we offer both virtual and in-person consultations at our carpet and flooring showroom, so our clients can see exactly what we can do for them. We aim to please and will go the extra mile to ensure your new carpet matches your needs and wants.
What To Expect from Quality Carpet Installation in Denver, CO
Once you've made it through the daunting carpet selection process, the only thing left is to install your beautiful new carpet. The carpet installation process is the most important step toward making your new carpet look and feel amazing in your home. If done incorrectly or improperly, your carpet can be a disaster. Here at High Country Flooring, we prioritize homeowner education. That’s why we’re outlining what you can expect from a quality carpet installation in Denver, CO.
7 Things to Expect During Your Carpet Installation in Denver
It’s important to note that the quality of carpet installation services across flooring companies in Denver can vary greatly. Purchasing carpet for your dream home or project is an investment. Therefore, it's very important you know what to expect from an installation job done right.
1. Punctual Arrival and Up-Front Estimate
At High Country Flooring, our Denver carpet installer will arrive on time to provide an estimate for the job or you will have already received an estimate in our showroom. While carpet installation costs and prices differ depending on the flooring company or installation contractor you hire, you should not be blindsided by the total installation cost. At High Country, we make sure that you know beforehand exactly what your installation costs will be.
2. Accurate Measurements
A professional carpet installer will take accurate measurements of your room and lay out the pattern for you.. As expert carpet installers in Denver, we will take measurements before your carpet purchase and directly preceding installation. Your carpet contractor will make sure that you have enough carpet to cover the scope of the project right from the beginning so you don’t have to pay extra for additional materials later on.
3. Use of Proper Tools
Your carpet installation will require the use of heavy-duty tools such as carpet knives, seam sealer, adhesives, levelers, and more to properly install the carpet and prevent seams from unraveling. Our carpet experts come prepared with all the tools and equipment needed to finish the job correctly and efficiently. Your custom carpet design should look exactly as you expected when the proper tools and care are taken.
4. Attention to Details
When it comes to flooring, the details matter. Your Denver carpet contractor should make sure all edges are square before they begin installing the carpet. They'll also make sure there's no loose threads or frayed areas on the carpet. This is especially important for certain carpeted areas, like on staircases. It's important that your carpet installer works quickly but carefully, and pays attention to details to ensure the carpet looks great when it's finished.
5. Post-Installation Cleanup
Once the carpet is installed, your contractor will clean up any messes and carpet remnants to leave the area as neat as possible.
6. Final Carpet Installation Invoice and Payment
When your carpet flooring installation is complete and to your satisfaction, your installer should give you a written invoice with the final cost. And, voila! You are ready to submit your payment and enjoy a beautiful new carpet for your home.
7. After Installation Carpet Care and Maintenance
To protect your investment and maintain your carpet’s appearance for many years to come, it's important to keep up with your carpet maintenance. As your go-to Denver carpet expert, High Country will provide you with advice and tips at the completion of your installation. We're here to support you far after your purchase. And we are always available to assist you with any questions or carpet repairs at any time after we install your carpet.
Look No Further for Quality Carpet Installation in Denver
If you're looking for a carpet installation company that does it right, then we have you covered! High Country Flooring brings over 35 years of experience in custom carpet installation services. Our customer-oriented services include personalized consultations, top carpet selections, and the best quality installation you can find at affordable costs in Denver and the surrounding areas.
As a carpet buyer, you shouldn't have to sacrifice quality to find a carpet price that works for you. We offer carpet installation and custom carpet design and patterns for any budget. Contact High Country Flooring today to get your estimate for your carpet installation in Denver, CO.