You've visited showrooms, consulted the pros, picked the perfect style, measured the rooms, and now it's finally time for all your effort to pay off with your new carpet installation in Denver. While it's an exciting day and afterward you'll be able to luxuriate with your new carpet, make sure you're fully prepared ahead of time. This way, you can help ensure a smooth installation process and prevent some of the stress that comes with a major home improvement project.
We've created an insightful checklist for you to follow during the three big stages of your carpet installation. With these steps, you will have a successful carpeting experience.
Be Prepared for Your Carpet Installation in Denver
Carpet installation is a major undertaking that requires preparation and planning to ensure the best possible results. Here are some tips to help you prepare for carpet installation at your home.
You can get a jump start on the home improvement project with these helpful insights.
- Hire a quality contractor. Carpet installation requires detailed knowledge and equipment, and bad service means serious consequences for you and your home. Hire a carpet installer you can trust to do the job right. If they give you hesitation, reconsider using that contractor.
- Clear the room of all items on the floor. Removing any furniture and personal items is the first thing to do. Installers will need a completely empty space to place your new carpet.
- Clean the area. Dirt and debris can make installation more difficult. Go over the old carpet to make sure everything is picked up.
- Double-check the condition of your new carpet. A reliable installer will ensure they bring the right materials, but mistakes happen and it never hurts to make sure the correct carpet is brought to your home. It doesn’t hurt to have your contractor double-check the size of their materials against the room measurements.
- Ensure all other nearby projects are completed or won't interfere. There shouldn't be any wet elements, like unfinished drywall or plaster, nearby the installation area and molding projects should be wrapped up.
Now that you've prepped the area and feel confident everything is ready to go, it's time for the installer to get to work. While you can't be too involved in this step, there are a few ways you can make it easier on the contractor.
- Ensure easy access to the area. Don't have obstacles blocking the path of the installer into the area where the carpet's being installed. This helps things go faster and prevents accidents.
- Keep children and pets away. You want your contractor to focus on the task at hand, but sometimes kids and the family animals can cause a distraction and get in the way.
- Maintain a reasonable temperature. Keeping the room at 60 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit helps stretch the new carpet and eliminate creases.
Now that the carpet has been placed, you're just about done with your carpet installation project! But before you say goodbye to the installer, there are a few details to wrap up.
- Inspect the quality of the work. Any issues are best raised before the installer leaves, so they can address them quickly.
- Test the doors with the thickness of the new carpet. Your new carpet will be much plusher than the old worn one and have a new pad underneath, so make sure your doors into the room still open and close smoothly.
- Ask about any specific instructions or documents. Once the carpet's installed, your contractor will provide the necessary information on warranties and proper care.
- Move furniture and items back carefully. You can replace everything you took out in the first stage, but remember to go easy on the new carpet when moving furniture and other large items.
Get Top-Rated Carpet Installation in Denver from the Experts
At High Country Flooring, we know how important it is to find a professional carpet installer who knows what they're doing. We also understand that choosing a company isn't always as simple as just picking one from a list. That's why we offer both virtual and in-person consultations at our carpet and flooring showroom, so our clients can see exactly what we can do for them. We aim to please and will go the extra mile to ensure your new carpet matches your needs and wants.